There’s no place like home. For many older adults, few words ring more true. JFS of Metrowest recognizes the desire to maintain independent living, and the challenges faced by many older adults to do so. Our home care program provides the resources necessary to facilitate living at home safely and with dignity.
Our home care staff works closely with medical professionals, elders and their families to create and implement a complete plan of care enacted on either a short or long-term basis.
Plan of care is tailored to the needs of each individual and includes:
- A complete assessment of needs by a licensed nurse
- Consultation with family to review and discuss care needs
- An individualized plan of care to meet those needs
- Trained, experienced Personal Care Assistants and Homemakers enacting plan of care and executing personal care tasks such as, bathing, grooming, dressing, meal preparation, light housekeeping, medication reminders, exercise, walking, and toileting on either a long or short-term basis
- Continuous Case Management to evaluate on-going needs.
We’ll tailor our services to your needs and be responsive should they change. Our experienced staff of professionals is skilled at assessing needs and managing plan of care. Each customized plan ensures the necessary assistance and support for independence, as well as respite and relief for family caregivers.
- Non-medical homecare services include:
- Personal Care – Bathing, toileting, mouth care, hair, skin and foot care
- Homemaking - Light laundry and ironing, linen changes, shopping, dusting and vacuuming, bathroom and kitchen cleaning, dish washing, floor mopping
- Other Activities – Ambulation, dressing, medication reminders, planning and preparing meals in accordance with dietary needs carried out as needed.
If you or a loved one could benefit from our Home Care services, get in touch to arrange a consultation. As part of our mission, we believe every elder deserves quality, comprehensive care, regardless of financial means. Some long-term health care policies may cover part of the cost, but for those who still face the struggle of cost, special payment arrangements may be arranged with JFS on a case-by-case basis.